3M 471 is an industry staple marking tape used for floor marking in low to medium-level traffic areas including areas with occasional forklift or equipment traffic.
- Length: 36 yards per roll (108 feet)
- Thickness: 0.0052 in (5.2 mil)
- Material: Vinyl
- Service Temperature: 40°F - 170°F
- Adhesive Type: Rubber
- Standards Met: CID A-A-1689B Type:I Class:2
3M™ Vinyl Tape 471+ is a high-temperature paint masking tape designed to create sharp paint lines on complex jobs, including critical paint applications that feature detailed designs or curves. It has a semi-translucent indigo film backing designed to provide some visual clarity for alignment during application.
Designed with unique stretch properties, this tape conforms to rough, irregular, curved and convex surfaces. Tape remains stretched, without lifting to avoid paint bleed. The rubber adhesive offers quick stick and excellent holding strength on most substrates. 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471+ can be used in bake cycles at temperatures up to 250°F/121°C for up to 30 minutes. Once finished, it removes cleanly from most surfaces without adhesion build-up or ghosting. Conformability, instant adhesion and clean removal all make 3M™ Vinyl Tape 471+ an exceptional choice for your most critical paint masking operations.
- Excels in masking applications to create sharp, fine paint lines for striping, color separation and complex designs
- Semi-translucent indigo backing provides some visual see-through for accurate alignment of tape
- Unique stretch properties enable tape to remain stretched to conform to uneven surfaces without lifting, thus avoiding paint bleed
- Rubber adhesive provides quick stick with excellent holding strength on most surfaces